Summit Artspace is seeking to fill a permanent Executive Director position. We are looking for an individual who will lead the organization as it brings to life our new strategic plan and fulfills our mission of connecting artists and artist-serving organizations to the community and to the resources they need to thrive professionally, creatively, and financially. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizational operations and studio lease management
- Leading and overseeing fund development efforts for the organization
- Further developing community relationships with artists, funders and individuals who support the arts
- Overseeing programming for artists
- Partnering with the board to achieve the organization’s vision of elevating Summit County as a place where artists thrive.
- A bachelor’s or higher in arts administration, business management, or related field
- At least three years of experience in a managerial or leadership role, preferably in the non-profit and/or arts and culture sector
- Strong budgeting, financial management, and strategic planning skills
- Strong fund development skills and experience in fundraising
- The ability to build strong relationships and build trust within the community
- The ability to build and lead teams
- Strong software skills
- Strong relationships in and an understanding of Northeast Ohio’s arts and culture sector
- Grant planning and writing skills
- Marketing and promotions experience
- Experience in leading the planning and execution of artistic exhibits and artist-supporting programming
- Experience in property management
The ideal candidate will be visionary, resourceful in solving problems, an effective communicator, and able to lead multiple initiatives at once.
Apply by emailing resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.