SILENT AUCTION FUNDRAISER
For all inquiries about the Summit Artspace Arts Alive Auction, email Daniel Coffield, auction coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALLING ALL ARTISTS TO PARTICIPATE
Artists are sought to create unique artwork to donate to Summit Artspace. The art will be exhibited and auctioned off at the Arts Alive celebration on June 11, 2019.
Summit Artspace’s 10th Arts Alive Awards and Fundraiser celebrates achievements, milestones and contributions to local arts and culture, while honoring individuals and groups that enrich our lives through their participation in the arts and whose achievements are outstanding.
THE SILENT AUCTION NEEDS YOU!
As part of the event, local artists are called to donate artwork for the auction that will take place during the Arts Alive event. All proceeds directly benefit community exhibitions and art programs at Summit Artspace.
This year we are abandoning the “Out- of-the-Box” concept and opening it up to all art forms! We are hoping to revitalize and increase participation in this event by opening it up to a wider variety of styles, mediums and encouraging artists of different backgrounds to contribute.
PROCEEDS BENEFIT GALLERY SHOWS
The concept is simple—donate your time and talent to create a work of art that will be displayed and sold during the Arts Alive celebration silent auction. All proceeds will directly go to supporting Summit Artspace, which is dedicated to showcasing work by local artists and providing opportunities for the community to experience exceptional local art.
- Art donors will receive a 50% discount on the admission price to Arts Alive 2019; $32.50 reservation!
- Increased exposure, resume building, publicity, and name recognition
- Publicity in Arts Alive and Summit Artspace-related materials
- Satisfaction of supporting your local community art center
- Tax deductible art donation to a nonprofit organization
- Get your art into the hands of private collectors
- Eligibility for art donors to participate in Group Exhibition at Summit Artspace in 2020, Curated by Daniel Coffield
How to Participate:
This year we are asking that artists include mini artist statements (250-500 character max) for the potential buyers. We are hoping this gives buyers more information about you, your process and your art. You can submit this artist statement directly into the participation commitment form when you fill out the Google Form. We may use the statements during promotions and when advertising all the amazing artists’ work!
Complete the Arts Alive Art Donor participation commitment form by signing up on Google Forms using the following link: https://forms.gle/Q1orQH3hzGV9ob2X7
2019 Art Ideas:
- Create something new and exciting
- Use your imagination
- Your art can be traditional or outlandish, literal or conceptual, three-dimensional or two-dimensional
- Your art can be functional or purely decorative
- Size of the work should be easily portable, lightweight, and manageable
- Art should be display ready
- Use mediums that reflect you as an artist
Friday, May 3, 2019: Participant Commitment Forms Due
Friday, May 17, 2019: Finished Artwork delivery to Summit Artspace from 12 pm – 7 pm
Tuesday, June 11, 2019: Arts Alive Awards & Fundraiser, 6 pm
Daniel Coffield, Summit Artspace Arts Alive Auction Coordinator: email@example.com