This year’s Artist Entrepreneurship Institute (AEI) has concluded. Check back for information about AEI 2023!
AEI is a multi-week course for artists designed to help them grow their businesses.
Artists of all disciplines are invited to engage in seven sessions covering fourteen topics that encourage peer-to-peer learning under the direction of experts in business, marketing, finance, and sales.
Questions about AEI may be directed to Director of Artist Resources Natalie Grieshammer Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Participating artists will:
- Create a draft business and marketing plan
- Receive virtual and print resources, including copies of the PowerPoints and worksheets, covered topics.
- Gain a deep understanding of broad business concepts to implement in your artistic practice
- Meet and work with key arts and business professionals in the community
- Network with and gain feedback from other artists in the cohort
- Receive future invites to AEI cohort networking events organized on an annual basis
- Each 3-hour session will be comprised of two 60-minute courses and one 30-minute supplemental course or peer panel.
- There will be two 15-minute breaks per session, with light refreshments available.
- Courses will be led by either a renowned artist, arts and nonprofit professional, or business expert. These instructor-led courses will be a mix of interactive and presentation-based.
- Panels will host 2 – 3 local artists who will share their personal experiences about arts and business topics. These panels will be led by Summit Artspace staff, but participants will have opportunities to ask their own questions.
- “Graduation day” will include a 2-hour session for participants to share their business plans for feedback from their peers, which a business expert leads.
- Mission and vision exploration
- Goal setting
- Business plan development
- Brand development
- Marketing and communications
- Product mix
- Product pricing and sales
- Legal issues
- Civic engagement
- Audience research
- Raising capital
- Operational finances
- SOAR (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, Results) Analysis