Call for artists!
Betty and Howard Taylor Main Gallery at Summit Artspace
October 7 – December 17, 2022
Juried by: Francisca Ugalde Zapico- Curator, Institute for Human Science and Culture at the Cummings Center for the History of Psychology
The Kaleidoscope Juried Exhibition is an annual holiday show presented by the Alliance for the Visual Arts (AVA). This show is open to all members of AVA organizations: Akron Society of Artists (ASA), Artists of Rubber City (AoRC), Cuyahoga Valley Art Center (CVAC) and Women’s Art League of Akron (WAL).
In-person application help at Summit Artspace: August 16 & 17, to schedule an appointment click here
Deadline to Apply: September 9, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance: September 20, 2022
Artwork Drop-Off: September 27, 2022, from 10 am to 2 pm and 4 to 6 pm
Exhibition Opening: October 7, 2022, at 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.; Awards ceremony at 6 p.m.
Artwork Pick-Up: December 19, 2022, from 10 am to 2 pm and 4 to 6 pm
1st place: $200, 2nd place $150, and 3rd place $100 and honorable mentions. Juror’s Awards announced via video debut on Summit Artspace social media platforms as well as in person at the exhibition opening at 6:00 p.m. The People’s Choice Award of a hand-crafted kaleidoscope by artist Bob Pozarski will be announced the week of December 19 on social media and the respective organization will notify the winning artist at the close of the show.
For more information and to apply click here.
If you have questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exhibition is open to all current members (dues paid since September 9, 2022) of the society organizations of the Alliance for the Visual Arts: Akron Society of Artists (ASA), Artists of Rubber City (AoRC), Cuyahoga Valley Art Center (CVAC) and Women’s Art League of Akron (WAL). Must be at least 18 years old to enter. Artwork must be completed upon submission. Artwork cannot have been previously displayed in a Summit Artspace gallery.
Jurying will be done via digital image. Artists may submit up to three high quality digital images (.jpg, .pdf, .tiff. .png) of each submission (to show different angles, details, etc.). The images must accurately represent the finished work and accepted work must be professionally presented for exhibition (see notes below). All jurying is blind. Artist’s names cannot be in the file name of digital images. Submissions that include the artist’s name will be disqualified. If artists contact the juror in regards to their piece(s) from the time of submission to the announcement of winners, artists shall be subject to disqualification from this and future exhibitions. Signatures on artwork will be covered for final jurying to ensure blindness of juror.
Size and Weight Limits:
- Final installation size of 2-D work cannot exceed 4′ (48″) wide or 7′ (84″) high.
- 3-D work must not exceed 39″ in diameter or 7′ (84″) high, nor may any single component of the work exceed 50 pounds.
- All wall-hung artwork must be wired with appropriate hardware for its weight; no saw tooth hangers. If wall mounted work absolutely cannot be wired, please indicate in the “Special Installation Requirements” section of the submission form. If there are special installation requirements, the artist must provide necessary hanging devices (i.e. magnets).
- All work must be labelled with the artist’s name and contact information when delivered (in any format)
- Summit Artspace has a limited number of pedestals available. The artist may be required to provide a special display fixture appropriate for the installation (if necessary).
- Please note all displays are subject to Summit Artspace approval.
- If submitting a diptych, it will be counted as two submissions. Please clearly label the entry as so in the “Special Installation Requirements” section of the submission form, information must include desired measurements between components, each component must be wired, and the work must be listed with one title, price, and artist statement, as well as fit within the size restrictions above.
- Suitability of works which must be suspended, require a power source, are between 35-50 pounds, are close to the size limitations or have other special installation requirements will be determined on an individual basis.
- Professional installation will be provided by Summit Artspace. Care will be taken when handling and displaying all artwork; however, Summit Artspace waives responsibility for either damage or loss of artwork.
30% gallery commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the show. Summit Artspace will process all artwork sales and compensation to artists. All artists will be required to sign a gallery contract. Upon entering you will be emailed future call for art opportunities at Summit Artspace. We cannot accept artwork that is shipped, nor can we ship artwork. Questions or concerns? Please email email@example.com.
There are no calls for vendors at this time.