Call for Poetry
Poets are invited to submit poems to “I Thought I Heard a Cardinal Sing,” a forthcoming anthology. Summit Artspace will hold an event around this project in May 2022. See details regarding submissions below.
Click here to submit!
Pop-up vendors are invited to participate in Artist Sunday on November 28 from 12-5 p.m. and ArtWalk on December 10 from 4-8 p.m.
Apply to one or both with the same application!
The application is due by Friday, October 22 at 11:59 p.m. You will be notified of acceptance by Friday, October 29.
Open to artisans who sell locally made products and live or work in Northeast Ohio. Find more details and apply on Submittable!
Click here to submit.
Call for art
Summit Artspace invites local BIPOC artists to apply for a funded solo exhibition juried by Dara Harper and J. Leigh Garcia. Through a blind-juried process, one artist will be selected to receive a stipend of $1,000 in support for the creation of a solo exhibition in Summit Artspace’s 3G Gallery during the 2022 Spring Exhibition Season.
The exhibition is funded in part through general operating support from Ohio Arts Council, Akron Community Foundation, and GAR Foundation. The application opens on October 1, 2021, and closes on December 15, 2021. You will be notified of acceptance by January 15, 2022. More details and the application can be found on Submittable.
Click here to submit.
January 14 – March 26, 2022
Betty and Howard Taylor Main Gallery
140 E. Market St | Akron, Ohio
Call for Visual Art
Take your art in new directions using a FRESH perspective in the 18th annual juried FRESH exhibition. Art accepted as part of this annual exhibition must be innovative and challenging to both the viewer and the artist. Accepted artists will have pushed the boundaries of what art can be– stylistically, conceptually, or technically– and will challenge the viewer to see the world through a new lens. Accepted work will feature novel material, contemporary and unique conceptual thinking and demonstrate a high level of skill in the artist’s visual language. Work must have been created since January 1, 2021 and not previously displayed in Summit Artspace.
Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. – Edgar Degas
Deadline for Entry: December 17, 2021 11:59
Entry Fee: $15
Drop Off: Saturday, January 1, 2021
Media: all media types
Opening: Friday, January 15, 2021 and awards presentation virtual
Pick up: Sunday, March 28, 2021
Eligibility: The exhibition is open to artists who have a connection to Northeast Ohio. Must be at least 18 years old to enter. Artwork must be completed upon submission. Jurying will be done via digital image. Artists may submit one artwork piece per submission for consideration, and may submit up to three high quality digital images (.jpg, .pdf, .tiff. .png) of the artwork entered. Artists may submit up to three entries for consideration in the show, but each entry must be submitted separately. The images must accurately represent the finished work and accepted work must be professionally presented for exhibition (see notes below). Artist’s name cannot be in the file name of digital images.
Submissions that include the artist’s name will be disqualified. Notification of the juror’s decision will be made via email by 11:59 pm on January 5. Accepted work must be delivered to the Main Gallery at Summit Artspace on E. Market on Sunday, January 10, 2021 during the hours of 10:00 am – 2:00 pm or 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
Juror’s Bio: TBD
Click here to submit.
Summit Artspace Exhibition Entry Information
Jurying Information: Jurying will be done via digital image. Artists may submit up to three high quality digital images (.jpg, .pdf, .tiff. .png) of each submission (to show framing, different angles, cropped to show more detail, etc.). The images must accurately represent the finished work and accepted work must be professionally presented for exhibition (see notes below). All jurying is blind. Artist’s names cannot be in the file name of digital images. Submissions that include the artist’s name will be disqualified. If artists contact the juror in regards to their piece(s) from the time of submission to the announcement of winners, artists shall be subject to disqualification from this and future exhibitions. Signatures on artwork will be covered for final jurying to ensure blindness of juror.
Size and Weight Limits:
· Final installation size of 2-D work cannot exceed 4′ (48″) wide or 7′ (84″) high.
· 3-D work must not exceed 39″ in diameter or 7′ (84″) high, nor may any single component of the work exceed 50 pounds.
· All wall-hung artwork must be wired with appropriate hardware for its weight; no saw tooth hangers. If wall mounted work absolutely cannot be wired, please indicate in the “Special Installation Requirements” section of the submission form. If there are special installation requirements, the artist must provide necessary hanging devices (i.e. magnets).
· All work must be labelled with the artist’s name and contact information when delivered (in any format)
· Summit Artspace has a limited number of pedestals available. The artist may be required to provide a special display fixture appropriate for the installation (if necessary).
· No singular piece shall exceed 10 nail holes for installation.
· Please note all displays are subject to Summit Artspace approval.
· If submitting a triptych or diptych it must be: clearly labeled as so in the “Special Installation Requirements” section of the submission form, information must include desired measurements between components, each component must be wired, and the work must be listed with one title, price, and artist statement, as well as fit within the size restrictions above.
· Suitability of works which must be suspended, require a power source, are between 35-50 pounds, are close to the size limitations or have other special installation requirements will be determined on an individual basis.
· Professional installation will be provided by Summit Artspace. Care will be taken when handling and displaying all artwork; however, Summit Artspace waives responsibility for either damage or loss of artwork.
Expectations: If you are juried into the exhibition, you may gallery sit at least one shift; but is optional due to COVID. 30% gallery commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the show. Summit Artspace will process all artworks sales and compensation to artists. All artists will be required to sign a gallery contract when delivering their accepted entries. Upon entering you will be emailed future call for art opportunities at Summit Artspace. We cannot accept artwork that is shipped, nor can we ship artwork.
Questions or concerns? Please email email@example.com.