Thursdays 6:30-9pm/September 26, October 3, 10, 17, 2019
REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS IS CLOSED. IF INTERESTED IN THIS CLASS AT A FUTURE DATE, PLEASE CONTACT ARTISTS.OF.RUBBER.CITY@GMAIL.COM.
Class Fee: $90 non-member, $85 member of Artists of Rubber City
Instructor: Karen Koch
Etsy is a popular platform for selling handmade items, but does it work for artists? Yes, it can, with a little extra effort and know-how.
The instructor is a full-time artist who sells artwork online and in person. She has taught online entrepreneurship using Etsy for 2 years, and has been an Etsy seller for 10 years*.
This class is designed for novices. It is a working session, so be prepared to start creating your shop and get to work!
In this session, you will learn:
- Pros and cons of selling online
- Etsy features and benefits so that you can decide if it is right for you
- What can – and cannot – be sold on Etsy
- Creating a basic listing
- Taking good photos
- Finances: fees, shipping, pricing
- Etsy etiquette
- Identifying your target customers
- Building a brand (even artists need to do this)
- Getting found in search
- A laptop or tablet that is WiFi enabled.
- Smart phone (iPhone or Android). We will be downloading apps.
- Bring one of your handmade items to the first class.
- Your checkbook and credit card (you will need them to set up a seller account)
*This class is not sponsored by Etsy. The instructor is not employed by Etsy.
About the Instructor:
In addition to being a full-time artist, Karen is also an educator and entrepreneur with a background in web content, search engine optimization, and online marketing. She has been selling online for 15 years and teaching others to do the same for two years.