Summit Artspace locations in Akron and Barberton are abiding by government directives and alternative operations have moved online.
Please check the COVID-19 Alternative Operations page on our website for artist resources, online events, webinar links and more.
Our galleries are temporarily closed until further notice but look for announcements of upcoming online events and art shows.
During this difficult time, please consider supporting local artists and Summit Artspace. See below for how to donate.
- Gallery closings went into effect Monday, March 16, 2020. This information applies to the galleries in the Akron and Barberton buildings. There is no access to artist studios at this time.
- We do not have a date yet for reopening the galleries.
- We will be consulting information from public health officials and the CDC in the coming weeks to make the determination to reopen.
- We will be busy preparing for the new schedule of shows and doing as much work as we can remotely.
Follow Summit Artspace artists on social media
You can visit our website page here to see the studio list with some links to artists’ social media.
Another way to stay in touch with the creative community
Summit Artspace has created and is populating the hashtag, #SACreativeCommunity, with information helpful to artists in the current stressful economy. The at-large community is also invited to see the artwork that will be posted there and to contact artists through social media at the hashtag.
Artists can use the hashtag to launch new projects and find art events, such as critiques, online shows or webinars, to participate in. They will also find information about financial resources and other community-based efforts to support the local creative and gig economy. Artists are welcome to post to the page and share information, concerns, advocacy and advice. Click here to go to the resources page that Summit Artspace developed.
Staying in touch for Summit Artspace updates
- Visit our website at summitartspace.org where we will post announcements and where you can connect with local creatives
- You can find us on Facebook Summit Artspace, Facebook Summit Artspace on Tusc, Twitter and Instagram where we will keep the community informed about developments.
- Summit Artspace staff is utilizing a combination of remote and in- person work. Our office hours have been modified to M-F, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. You can also reach anytime our Interim Executive Director Megann Eberhart at firstname.lastname@example.org at (330) 376-8480.
Your support for the arts community is crucial
- Hold off on refunding tickets to cultural events
- Make a purchase through an artist’s website or online shop
- Commission artwork to be created
- Sign up for future art classes or workshops
- Donate to your local arts organizations to continue their work in the community
Your generosity will help Summit Artspace fulfill its mission
Summit Artspace, a 501c3 nonprofit with the mission to support and advance the work of local artists, is one of those arts organizations in need of your support. You can learn more about Summit Artspace and donate at our website today. Thank you for making our six-county area a place where local artists thrive!
Our communities are works of art
Award-winning art from February 2020
Juried Art Exhibitions
The Marks That Made Us by Katie Burkett, First Place, Boschian: Beautifully Bizarre Juried Art Exhibition, Summit Artspace, 2020