Our special monthly events at Summit Artspace locations include Akron Artwalk and Barberton 4th Friday. Check out this page with details about the events.
Artwalk, Saturday, Sept 1, 2018, 5-9 pm
Free Trolley transportation to and from Artwalk locations!
ARTWALK kicks off your fall calendar of events in downtown Akron! The upcoming Artwalk date is Saturday, Sept. 1, 5-9 pm. Summit Artspace and its Artwalk partners are underwriting the trolley so you can travel in style and comfort!
What you’ll find at the Artwalk locations–
Summit Artspace: Galleries, artist studios and more
Zeber-Martell: See the exceptional functional and decorative ceramics by the artists, as well as a large selection of jewelry and much more to delight shoppers!
Northside Cellar: Check out what they have in the shop plus Art 4 Artwalk.
Bluff Blue Door Gallery: Visit the galleries in this unique setting.
Primerica: Stop by to share “eats and drinks”
Visit our Facebook page for more information about Artwalk sites.
UPcoming Artwalk Dates
October 6, 2018
November 3, 2018
December 1, 2018
Summit Artspace and Zeber-Martell Studio & Art Gallery are proud to be your “night out” when the first Saturday night of the month rolls around and you need your art fix! The locations will be open from 5 to 9 pm. There are new additions to the participating art businesses as the monthly event grows.
Artists will be in their studios talking to visitors about their craft and showing their latest pieces. You may even catch some of them creating. Many of the studios double as shops so you’ll be able to browse the artwork for sale.
At Summit Artspace, galleries will be open. Admission is free. The galleries will regularly exhibit new and wonderful shows that include photography, painting, sculpture, collage, glass, found objects and fiber artistry. Here is a map of floors 1 and 3.
Parking behind the building
Barberton 4th Friday, Friday, Sept 28, 5-8 pm
TUSCARAWAS AVENUE AND SECOND STREET
SUMMIT ARTSPACE on TUSC
FIRST & SECOND FLOORS
571 Tuscarawas Blvd., Barberton
Enjoy an evening of fun and entertainment in Downtown Barberton every fourth Friday! There are extended hours for local shops. The gallery on the first floor of Summit Artspace on Tusc will be open from 5-8 p.m. with a new show monthly. Stop into check out the artist studios. Free admission.
Many of the shops and stores in Historic Downtown Barberton will be open on Tuscarawas Avenue and Second Street.
Dog Days of Summer
on Tuscarawas Avenue
Summit Artspace on Tusc
571 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton
- Barberton Then and Now Juried Photography Exhibition opens, 5-8 p.m.
- Artist studios open
- Dog caricatures by artist Meaghan Jodoin Herbert of Chimmieart
- Coloring contest
- Water dish for our dog friends
- Plan your visit. Click here.
565 w. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton
- Magical Theatre auditions have gone to the dogs! Bring your dog to MTC and let him “audition” for the role of Prancer!
- You provide the dog and we’ll provide the antlers. We’ll take a pic and post it on our Facebook page. The pooch with the most likes will win a Gift Certificate to Magical Theatre Company
- The Theatre will be open if you’d like to look around
- In front of Daly’s Appliance Store, 574 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton, one of our actor/artists will be building kid-size doghouses using refrigerator and/or other appliance boxes.
564 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton
- Snowball Bookshop is going to have a “Give the Dog a Biscuit” (as opposed to pin the tail on the doggie) with dog bookmarks being awarded to the participants.
- Ed Amann will be playing at Kave Coffee Bar, 584 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton, from 6-9 p.m.
- The Barberton Concert Series will have a performance at the Lake Anna Gazebo featuring community favorite, The Chardon Polka Band from 7-10 p.m.
- Block Seven, 524 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton, will have live music starting at 8:30 p.m. Also a free fry with any sandwich
Kave Coffee BaR
584 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton
- Kave will be a part of the “Stop! Drop! Crawl!” Barberton Firefighters Union IAFF Local 329 Pub Crawl to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Starting at 6 p.m. Kave will be making a donation for each Kave Mocha Hot/Iced/Frozen purchased. Live Music featuring Ed Amann starting at 6 p.m.
Dog water bowls throughout the downtown area
ON SECOND STREET
Barberton 4th Friday upcoming Schedule 2018
- September: Relive the Roaring 20’s with a “speak-easy” theme to showcase bars, breweries and wineries
- October: Rock and Run-Downtown merchant sponsor a 5k and community festival
- November: Winter Wonderland Walk
- December: Putting the New Year on notice that it’s gonna be great!
Check out our Summit Artspace of Tusc Facebook page to see new events each month.